- RFID Products
- Mobile Computers
- Barcode Scanners
- Printer & Scanner Parts
Today, RFID tags are common and widely used in various industries. There are many varieties of them, and their properties vary. Although most RFID tags follow international standard protocols, such as EPCglobal Gen2, and ISO 18000-6C standards, the quality varies.
Why? Because there are many factors that affect label performance. Even if the frequencies and technical protocols are the same, they may be different. So, how to choose the right RFID tag? What should I pay attention to when buying RFID tags?
1. Understand the important characteristics of label materials
A proper understanding of RFID label materials is very important for how to choose labels. As we all know, RFID tags are composed of cover material, inlay, adhesive layer, and release paper. So you have to know what material you need based on the application of the label.
For example, if a label application requires high security, a chip with high security must be selected. If the application environment is complex and the label is easy to fall off, you need to choose a good self-adhesive glue or other installation methods.
The choice of materials can also be measured by the following criteria:
Strength. An important indicator of the bearing capacity of the material itself.
Hardness and elasticity. Both of these indicators refer to the flexibility of the material after bearing load. Hardness represents a material's ability to stretch. Elasticity reflects the ability of a material to return to its original shape and size.
Malleability. Indicates how much a material deforms or can stretch.
Toughness. Represents the ability of a material to absorb energy during plastic deformation and fracture.
When choosing label materials, consider:
Materials suitable for the application environment
Effects of materials on RF signals
Cost effects and return on investment
Procurement and production convenience
Can protect labels from environmental damage
Make labels durable
2. Understand the impact of the application on RFID tag selection
When choosing RFID tags, we need to consider environmental factors. And we also need to clearly know how to choose RFID tags for use in harsh environments.
For example, under high-temperature conditions, heat-resistant labels are required. If an RFID tag will be used outdoors, it must be able to withstand the environment. If it is to be used on metal surfaces, an anti-metal label must be selected.
When choosing an RFID tag, the following environmental impacts need to be considered:
Application ambient temperature
Application environment humidity
Storage environment media
Whether exposure to chemicals is required
Whether there is radiation interference
Is it used indoors or outdoors
3. Understand the impact of installation on labels
Sometimes the failure is not due to the wrong label, but due to the wrong installation. For example, the RFID tag itself can work at high temperatures, but the adhesive on the back cannot, so it will peel off. Using adhesive backing to install labels is a very common way, but there are many other, safer ways. Such as rivets, epoxy glue, and other methods.
Additionally, some tags are specially designed and require specific antennas or mounting angles. Especially in some special applications, tags and readers need to be installed in a more special way to ensure performance.
According to the packaging method of the label, RFID tags can be divided into the following installation methods:
Stickup: The label itself has an adhesive layer or a sticker coated with glue. (RFID stickers, card labels, etc.)
Suspension: Use the tag itself with rope or add rope straps. (Tag labels, meeting sign-in cards, tag cards, etc.)
Rivets/screws: Some labels are self-made or screwed. (Anti-metal labels, card labels, ABS labels, etc.)
Embedding: Labels can be put in by making holes in the metal or making the labels into screws. (Anti-metal labels, self-adhesive labels, card labels, etc.).
4. Know what kind of labels you need
Knowing exactly what you need is also important for choosing the right RFID tag. If you know what you want, you can ask the label manufacturer or supplier exactly what you want. But it's hard for newbies or people who don't understand RFID tags. So we've put together the following ten questions to help you understand your needs.
1. What frequency band does RFID tags need to work in?
2. How much storage space do RFID tags need?
3. How much security do RFID tags need?
4. What reading distance does the end user need?
5. What is the maximum reading distance of RFID tags?
6. What are the maximum and minimum dimensions of an RFID tag, and what is the ideal size?
7. What standards should RFID tags follow?
8. What kind of environment do RFID tags need to adapt to?
9. On what surface is the RFID tag installed and how to fix it?
10. What is the budget for buying labels?
5. Understand the importance of choosing a reliable supplier
Why is it important to choose a reliable RFID label manufacturer and supplier? If you choose an unreliable supplier, you may encounter the following problems:
Labels vary in quality but are expensive
Improper label design and color difference
Untimely delivery, resulting in losses
Poor after-sales service, problems cannot be solved in time
The above details the 5 things you must know when buying RFID tags, if you want to buy RFID tags, welcome to contact us.
Yanzeo is a professional custom RFID products manufacturer. Yanzeo's professional research and exploration of intelligent technology for many years has brought together the technical essence of the barcode industry. Through the data interpretation of changes in the information environment of modern society, we can effectively overcome the difficulties and topics of barcode RFID technology, develop and design industry-leading barcode RFID products, help customers calmly cope with the challenges brought by accurate identification and various identification obstacles, and always ensure customers' safety. good experience.
- Why do foreign cyclists start wearing shoes with NFC labelsNov 27,2023Technical expert Simonelli suffered a serious accident during a motorcycle race more than a decade ago. At that time, he was taken to the nearest hospital and no one knew him, resulting in him being unconscious for two days without anyone being able to contact his family because he did not carry his identity information with him. Leveraging his knowledge in NFC technology, he decided to develop a solution based on this technology.
- RFID technology makes your luggage no longer "lost"Nov 20,2023Have you ever encountered such embarrassing situations at airports, train stations, ports, or other places - wrong, lost, or delayed luggage? I believe many people have had such experiences before. But now, with the application of RFID technology, these issues will become history. In luggage management, RFID technology can greatly improve the efficiency of luggage tracking and management, ensuring the safety and accurate delivery of luggage.
- The characteristics and application advantages of RFID ear tags in different frequency bandsNov 10,2023Comparative analysis of the characteristics and application advantages of RFID ear tags in different frequency bands Most RFID tags used in animal husbandry and breeding use ear tags. Currently, ear tags in the low-frequency and ultra-high frequency bands used in China are more common, while high-frequency tags are less commonly used. What are the characteristics of ear tags in different frequency bands?
Keep up with the latest technology news and innovations with the Newsletter.
- RFID Products
- Mobile Computers
- Barcode Scanners
- Printer & Scanner Parts