With Yanzeo Barcode Scanner you can scan barcodes online using your mobile phone's camera. You can scan QR Code, Data Matrix, and many more 2D and 1D barcode types. Choose 1D or 2D scanning mode, capture barcode with your camera and let our sophisticated alghorythms to determine symbology itself and recognize.
Try to read barcode online with our free Recognize barcode application if you need more options.
- What is a 1D or linear barcode? What is a 2D barcode?A 1D or linear barcode is a combination of vertical bars. For some of them you can encode only numbers for other you can encode letters also. Most of barcode scanners can read them scanning just a line. 2D barcode encodes information in two dimensions and therefore can keep a way more information in it. And it is usually smaller than 1D one. More complex scanner is required to read this type of barcodes.
- What is a principle of barcode work?It is a combination of contrast marks that scanner can read and decode. For 1D barcode it is black and white vertical lines of different thickness. For 2D it is usually a pattern of square dots. Scanner uses some algorithms to decode those patterns into a form suitable for user.
- What information can I put into barcode?It is usually letters and numbers. For some barcodes you can choose a specific set of characters(symbology). This information usually represents some description of an item on what barcode is placed.
- Can barcode be very small?It can be reasonably small. For example 1x1 cm for 2D barcode. But in the smaller barcode you can encode less information. And you also should use a printer with higher resolution.
- How much data can barcode contains?It is usual to be about 25 characters for 1D barcode and about 2000 for 2D one. Of course the more characters you encode the bigger is barcode. 1D barcode could became impractically wide if it is more than 15 characters encoded.